Sunday, March 23, 2008

OOO! I learned something

I am reading Animal Vegetable Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. And in the wee hours of the morning when I couldn't sleep, I picked it up and started reading. She was talking about setting up their new chickens in this southern Appalachain farmstead, and mentioned picking up chickens at the post office. She goes on to explain that chickens can be shipped anywhere they can get to within 2 days as they do not eat or drink during that time. They rely on leftover yoke that the body has absorbed. Interestin' huh.

I borrowed my copy of the book from Starr Hill Girl by way of lb, but my mom will have one to lend soon too. But that is the subject of a different post.....

BTW, if you ever wondered about the chicken/egg question, it is laid out here nicely. (Don't you just love all the possibilities for chicken puns...)

No comments: